Monday, May 16, 2011

up close

There is something about being on a beach that slows you down –  invites you to notice details and pay attention to the pattern and movement of things.   Perhaps it’s all that light and space, the expanse of sky, the rhythm of the surf.  Perhaps it has to do with the feel of sand under bare feet, the touch of the sun and the breeze on the skin. 

Whatever it is, it has the power to open you up and at the same time bring you back to the core of yourself. 

For me, being on a beach encourages contemplation. It strengthens my connection with nature.  A child-like curiosity and whimsy enters my being.  There is time to enjoy the details, focus on the beauty, adjust perspective.


 Go at Snails pace



  Am I on the right path?

Crossed paths

snailoglyph

Yum!  You are what you eat?




 And, branching out  ....










Musseling in on the action 


 

Adrift on a beach
    

Below the Water

I'll cloak myself in shells

I'll never let you go


And Above


 

                                       Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
but by the moments that take our breath away.





Breathe deep   Take wing

1 comment:

Nancy said...

The beauty of your writing brings tears to my eyes...or maybe it is my deep gratitude of at last seeing these precious places with you. Such a treasured gift.