Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Maridadi in Somerset West



We have left America and settled back home in South Africa 
I have been relishing the outdoors: 
the drama of the geography, the wide vistas, 
the exuberance of it all
 
Reconnecting with this land

It is taken me almost 9 months to open 
my boxes (and boxes, and boxes) of beads 
and begin to create new designs 

I am working towards a home show here in Somerset West, 
inviting folk I’ve met in this community

Threading part of my previous life into this new one 
bead by bead

inspired by all I see












































 

 Cheers!!













3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am grinning with sheer delight! Your pieces are as unique as your vision. Bravo!

Unknown said...

I believe I was meant to discover this post today, feeling a bit crushed under the pandemic. Now I find myself breathing, smiling.

Unknown said...

Just discovered. Grinning. Your art strikes me as equal parts organic clever original and wearable. (Still grinning.)