Monday, September 9, 2013

Coming Right at Wrightsville


Perhaps it is a far horizon -- big skies, wide open spaces  -- that I crave.



 



When I studied Feng Shui I learned that a distant view facilitates long term planning, creative thought.  My teacher claimed the large offices and grand window views of CEOs were way more valuable  than prestige alone.  She contended that sitting at a desk in front of a wall was fine for the manipulation of numbers (for instance) but that the block of a wall in front of you stifled imaginative, creative thought.   She gave an example of school children who were content to do math homework at their desks, but often headed, instinctively, to the dining room table or somewhere with a more expansive outlook when they needed to write an essay.

I know from my own experience that I think far more imaginatively and boldly when 
I am in wide open places with a far horizon. 

From Durham, with its trees and lack of mountains, the beach is a quick fix for me. 
 Three nights at the northern end of Wrightsville beach was a tonic beyond basic R&R.  

The expansiveness of sky and sand and sea
Invites the mind and soul to stretch in mimicry.   
 (Bridget)


 


Surrendering to the pull of a high tide current

Honoring our connection with the moon 


 



Relishing space and the freedom of movement


No comments: